How to Install XAMPP and WordPress
How to Install XAMPP and WordPress Locally on PC/Windows in Hindi – AK Maurya
What is XAMPP?
XAMPP stands for cross-platform, Apache, MySQL, PHP, and Perl. It’s a simple and lightweight solution that allows you to create a local web server for testing purposes.
What is WordPress?
WordPress is an online, open-source website creation tool written in PHP. But in non-geek speak, it’s probably the easiest and most powerful blogging and website content management system (or CMS) in existence today.
Follow the steps below :
- Go to the https://www.apachefriends.org/index.html and download XAMPP.
- Install XAMPP on your system
- Start up both Apache and MySQL in XAMPP control panel.
- Download the latest version of WordPress. https://wordpress.org/download
- Go to the XAMPP folder on your computer and open the htdocs folder – C:/XAMPP/htdocs. and page your WordPress files.
- find the wp-config-sample.php file and rename it wp-config.php.
- open in browser http://localhost/phpmyadmin
- create a new data base and copy its name and enter in wp-config.php file.
- Replace “username_here” with “root” and leave “password_here” blank, Save the file and close it.
- Open your browser and go to http://localhost/your wordpres folder name/
- chosen your language, continue onto the next screen and enter you username and password details. Click Install WordPress.
- Your WordPress installation is now complete!